We may earn commissions for purchases made through links on our site. Learn more on our about us page.
The Tippmann X7 is a great choice! With the excellent marker giving you all the best benefits and features to start with you could pop it out of the box assemble and get to jump head first into battle. Or you could take a deep breath and think about crafting an even more efficient and accurate marker. In fact, the amount of awesome Tippman X7 upgrades at your disposal is outstanding. Think of it this way nothing says I know what I am doing than a marker that is specially upgraded to fit the style you want to bring to the milsim field. So, let’s look at this marker with what you start with and just a sampling of the plethora of X7 Phenom upgrades out there.
Tippmann X7 Phenom Upgrades
The Tippmann X7 Phenom marker is a model built of the X7 blueprint with its own identity. This fact makes it an amazing choice because not only do you start with an excellent marker straight out of the box in its stock form, but you also have access to all the present Tippmann X7 mods along with all the upgrades as well. The Phenom is one of the most customizable markers around because of this and on top of all that it offers the player a tough and budget-friendly starter marker. The stock model gives the milsim player access to all that and:
- Revolutionary electro-pneumatic paintball gun that enhances precision and PSI efficiency.
- Multiple firing modes both electronic and manual plus a third option with x5 more options.
- Multiple air source compatible (Co2 or compressed air)
- Recoil is lessened with the addition to its spool valve.
- A new design that utilizes a sleeker, lightweight aluminum build
- Quick and effortless disassembly and rebuild with its pushpin assembly.
- Stability performance augmented by the inclusion of a fully metal trigger.
- 20 BPS due to the remodeled feed system (no batteries required).
- Sights in the back and front that detach for easy upgrade.
- The rail that also makes it simple to attach accessories and upgrades like sights and handles.
- Magazine that is ejected with ease and offers a nice place to store your tools.
- A better line of sight due to the offset and compact design of the hopper.
- The stock model comes with: Maintenance Kit – Barrel block, Lubricant
So, as you can see the decision to choose the Tippmann X7 Phenom was a great one and though it is an excellent marker straight out of the box the true sign of experience is to take that marker of yours and make it just that…yours. So, let’s look at some suggested Tippmann X7 upgrades and some phenom mods that could push your maker to its highest performance level capable.
Tippmann X7 Phenom Accessories
Some of the best ways to make an impact on your markers performance and your battlefield rep are to simply look at some of the Tippmann X7 Phenom mods and upgrades that are done through additions of some of the vast number of accessories available. So, let’s do it! Let’s check out some of the best options for a Tippmann X7 upgrade.
Tippmann X7 Shrouds
There are several kits available to add some accessories to your marker and in fact, most of them will include a shroud for your barrel. The Tippmann upgrade kit is the easiest way to get more bang for your buck. This choice is kitted out with Tippmann factory pieces and has three options to choose from. Now let’s keep it moving we have a lot to consider.
Tippmann X7 Stock
Upgrading your markers stock will not only give your paintball gun a little more of a realistic look but will also make it more comfortable to use. There are many options on the market but look at this stock that is specifically designed for use with the X7 Phenom
This proprietary stock for the Phenom will bring to your game all the following benefits and features:
- Plug and playability
- High-quality construction
- Built to be comfortable for the long game
- Optimized rapid release air disconnection
- Improved line of sight with the sculpted grooves
Tippmann X7 Hopper
The stock hopper is a low profile as well but looks at this model that will offer you a great upgrade to your marker.
With its enhancement of your sight line this hopper also offers you:
- No need for an electric loader
- Long lasting construction
- Compatible with multiple Tippmann models
- Easily maintained
- Able to hold 200 rounds
- Choice of either the E-grip for extra speed or the standard trigger
So along with the many upgrades available, there are a few X7 Phenom mods that are well worth looking at like the ones below.
Tippmann Phenom AK – 47
This Tippmann X7 mod is a complete kit that takes your Phenom to the next level by creating a realistic AK- 47 feel. With this mod kit you will get:
- An Air-Thru Commando Stock (see details above)
- Foregrip that gives you a realistic military style appearance. With this you get:
- Sturdy construction
- Loading layout that will require no screws and that means no harm to your barrel
- Easy attachment and steadfastly fastening to the rail.
- Magazine that is constructed of a hard-composite material. This magazine:
- Released with an easy push of a button
- Secured fit for the X7
- A sight to enhance that AK- 47 look. This sight:
- Rail mounted from the bottom (1” mount)
- Compatible with all Tippmann models
- Durable and tough, perfect for woodsball
Sticking in the mod category! If the AK -47 isn’t quite what you had in mind, then maybe the Tippmann X7 Phenom M16 mod would be more your style.
X7 Phenom M16
This mod is fully tricked out to emulate a real-life M16. In this mod you will get:
- A stock that is fully collapsible
- Shroud that replicates the one found on an M16
- The M16 model of the X7 Phenom
- Curved mag for an even more authentic look
- Front sight in the M16 style
- A carry handle to round out that M16 feel
The mods are great but if you want to stick to the simple upgrades o want to choose the individual pieces to kit out your marker then make sure you keep a barrel upgrade in mind. In fact, let’s look at some of those right now.
Tippmann X7 Phenom Barrels
The stock barrel with its excellent range (150’) and precision honed manufacturing means that straight from the box you get a durable and efficient 9.5” barrel. But even with that, you can always add a little extra performance to your marker. So, look at a few options that just might be what you are looking for.
Tippmann X7 Phenom Barrel Upgrades
As mentioned in the opening of this article the X7 Phenom is based on the Tippman X7 model and therefore utilizes the standard A5 thread so that opens a whole wide world of upgrade selections. Here’s a breakdown of a few.
Best Barrel for Tippmann X7 Phenom
This barrel offers the milsim player:
- A precision crafted anodized barrel
- Increased accuracy and noise reduction
- Warranty good for a lifetime
This barrel’s crafted to be used with multiple Tippmann models including the X7. It brings to the game:
- Good for long-range combat on the milsim field.
- Manufactured with aluminum that does not add much weight to the carry.
- Accuracy performance enhanced due to the specialized process of honing the metal.
The X7 Flatline barrel is designed for use with the X7 series. It brings to the game:
- Range increase of +100’
- Simple to set up
- Included with the barrel is x4 rails
Whether you decide to mod your marker or stick with the individual upgrades that we have looked at your marker will be working at a higher performance level by the time you have finished your personalization. This customization of your Tippmann X7 Phenom will be that deciding factor in how you enter the field. Will you be just another newbie? Or that new guy who is ready for battlefield glory?